Over a million older people live in fuel poverty because of rising prices, leaky and inefficient housing and low incomes, according to the report reducing fuel poverty – a scourge for older people by Age UK, 2014.
Two years ago DSDC and SSE collaborated to create the booklet 10 helpful hints for heating and lighting for people with dementia, to understand how heat and light can be used to improve the wellbeing of people with dementia living at home. For people with dementia, some suggestions may be difficult to put into practice. However heat and light is very important for people with the condition. The booklet explains what effect dementia has and why some general advice on energy conservation does not work so well for people who are affected by dementia.
DSDC is offering not-for-profit organisations the opportunity to get their hands on a free box (86 copies) of the 10 helpful hints for heating and lighting for people with dementia. There are 50 boxes to give away. The first 50 not-for-profit organisations to register their interest will receive a box of the publications.
- Must be a not-for-profit organisation (i.e. registered charity, NHS, council etc)
- Books can only be sent to UK addresses
- Only one box per department can be sent
- The boxes of publications will be sent out once all 50 organisations have registered their interest.
- Booklets are not for resale