Good leadership should be effective and efficient, supporting the workforce and bringing about positive change to improve services.
This innovative programme will help you develop your leadership qualities and promote and enhance quality dementia care.
The course will provide participants with the skills to achieve service excellence by being a more reflective and effective leader. At the heart of the programme is person centred care and understanding why this approach is so important to people with dementia and their families.
Through the 2 day course we will explore how you can develop your leadership qualities, covering aspects such as motivating your team, positive risk enablement, the development of your workforce and changing organisational culture.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe and discuss some of the key leadership theories
- Reflect on your experiences of leadership and your own approach to leadership
- Utilise aspects of leadership theory to evaluate effective leadership approaches for use in practice
- Be familiar with and subsequently utilise the Leadership Qualities Framework as a tool to analyse your leadership
- Describe and justify quality in the care of people with dementia
- Prepare for future change and its management
Who is this programme for
- Frontline Leaders
- Operational Leaders
- Team Leaders
- Shift Leaders
- Registered Managers
- Service Managers