DSDC offers dedicated services and resources designed to help make housing dementia-friendly, flexible and cost-effective.
In recent years DSDC has worked closely with housing providers and commissioners on
- Service Design – supporting integrated approaches to health, social care and housing
- Early Diagnosis – developing skills, confidence and techniques within teams
- New Care Models – enabling specialist forms of housing (such as Extra Care Housing) which respond to progressive care needs of clients
- Adaptation – providing support on environments and home support services
- Design – evidence-based reviews of plans and schemes for new and existing buildings
- Audit - Audit of premises and standards using internationally valid audit tools.
Central to all DSDC does is
- timely information, advice and evidence of what works
- commitment to relevant education and training on housing
- world-famous design expertise
Contact the Housing Team for more information to see how they can help you