Great news! The DSDC has now put their Leading the Way in Dementia Care: a learning programme for social care leaders online as a blended learning experience. It offers 12 hours of learning content and includes 2 live/interactive sessions where DSDC tutors will address questions on the content and lead group learning activities. With a focus on the specialised skills needed to guide a service that supports people living with dementia, this course will help you identify strengths and opportunities in your service and support your staff to develop more person centred practices. If, as a manager, you find it challenging to take time away from your workplace for development, this course is designed for you!
The content for the course can be accessed over a four week period and will require some workplace based knowledge transfer. There are two (online) live workshops/discussion sessions and the rest of the content is pre-recorded to provide maximum flexibility around course learning. There will also be a discussion board for networking and hive mind inquiries.
Pre-recorded content will be released in two batches and will cover the following topics:
- Demographics and national priorities
- Understanding dementia and brain functioning
- Dementia and comorbidities
- Communication and behaviour
- Leading a service in a person centred way
- Positive approaches to risk
- Design and the physical environment
- Enhancing the sensory environment
- Supporting family and carers
- Meaningful activity programmes
- Advanced care planning
- Evaluating your service and creating an action plan
For information about multiple registration discounts contact Lorraine McAuley at firstname.lastname@example.org