Rose Lodge, cottage and bungalow comprise a set of residential units for people with dementia. Rose Lodge has 22 residents in the later stages of dementia, Rose Cottage has 9 in the early to mid- stages and the bungalow, which is located between them, can be either. The Cottage opened in June 2015 and was the specific subject of the audit.
There were numerous examples of best practice
• The matching of all the flooring in tone was exemplary
• The Cottage had a very domestic atmosphere
• It was very easy to get outside
• The open plan of the living areas was excellent
• The kitchen servery was exemplary and we were delighted that it seemed to be the hub of the home
• The wood effect flooring throughout except for the bathrooms and toilets was cushioned vinyl with a high acoustic quality.