Evidence would suggest that the numbers of people with Alcohol Related Brain Damage (ARBD) are increasing. This workshop focuses upon individuals with cognitive impairment, probably dementia, which has resulted from alcohol consumption. Treatment, care and support for this group can be challenging and in the past individuals have often fallen between existing services.
By the end of this learning programme, participants will be able to:
- understand the impact of alcohol use on the brain
- identify and understand the diseases related to ARBD
- describe the psychosocial elements of support for someone with ARBD
- understand positive risk enablement when supporting someone with ARBD
- identify what staff need to know to support someone with an ARBD, and how to build their knowledge and skills
Creative Commons Photo "Gravity is out of order" by Maarten Takens is licensed under CC BY 2.0
Who is this programme for
- Health, social care and housing professionals supporting people with dementia and staff working in addiction services
One day learning programme
A similar programme can also be offered as a bespoke learning programme at a location of your choice.