Dementia is one of the most important issues staff face. Research identifies distressed behaviour as the greatest source of workplace stress when supporting people with dementia. This one day interactive learning event will help you increase your knowledge, skills and confidence to support people with dementia in a more compassionate, understanding and professional way.
Delegates will receive a copy of our Behaviour Study guide
The next course will run on 17 October 2019. Book your place here.
Who is this programme for
- Nursing staff
- Care staff
- Social care staff
- Domiciliary and home care staff
- Housing staff
- Allied health professionals
- NHS staff
- Local authority staff
- Voluntary sector staff
- Third sector staff
Following attendance at this one day interactive workshop, participants will be able to :
• Understand behaviour as a means of communication of needs & identifying those needs
• Understand the impact of changes in the brain and the environment on behaviour
• Recognise the social and emotional needs of people with dementia
• Identify the triggers for distressed behaviour
• Developing strategies and interventions for distressed clients
• Continue their learning by using the study guide provided to improve care in your own workplace
A similar workshop can also be offered as a bespoke learning programme at a location of your choice.